Victory: No gluten today! No sweet treats! No ‘flour’!
Today’s clean food challenge went pretty well. It seems I’ve been eating less food than usual the past two days.
I’m still struggling with whether dairy yogurt is better than soy yogurt or to give up yogurt all together. When I washed the measuring cup and spatula used to scoop the soy yogurt, they came out of the dishwasher with crusty brownish soy yogurt still stuck to them. I imagined what soy yogurt was doing to my insides. I stopped eating it.
Clean food consisted of
- Non-fat Greek dairy yogurt
- Homemade Granola (oats, flax, chia seed)
- Fresh Strawberries
- Fresh Blueberries
- 2 bananas
- Dried unsweetened apples, pear, apricot, fig
- Steak with green peppers, onions, zucchini
- Green grapes
Not-so-clean foods today
- 2 mini Perfect bar (PB & almond) (long ingredient list)
- Popcorn (preservatives)
- Non-dairy cheese (long ingredient list)
- Bear Naked Granola, Coconut Almond Curry (added sugar)
Still having painful lower medial leg pain from posterior tibial tendinopathy that started June 7th. So much so that I cut my run short today. I found studies online that seemed promising for pain relief using glycerine patches and eccentric exercises. I’m adding eccentric exercises to my current PT exercises and foam rolling.