Victories: Gluten free! No sweet treats! No artificial sweeteners!
I opened the brown sugar container and almost closed it right away because the smell was pungent. Amazing reaction after a week of almost no refined sugars. Next time I’ll put honey on my oatmeal. Oatmeal without sweetener (even with dried fruit) is just awful.
Today, after my 6.5 mile run, I spent four hours cooking two dishes (6 meals) for this coming week, in addition to making salsa verde, and prepping vegetables and fruits for quick snacking. I ran three loads in the dishwasher.
I did not make my fluid intake for the day. I am having to get up multiple times in the middle of the night with this level of fluids per day. I will have to try to get the fluids in earlier in the day.
Clean food consisted of:
- Dried fruit (unsweetened) during run
- Corn on the cob
- Potatoes with curry powder, carrots, peas, and beans
- Flax seed chips with homemade Salsa Verte
- Spinach salad with almonds, sunflower seeds, egg, craisins and a cucumber, carrot, pepper, zucchini salad with balsamic vinegar dressing
- 38 oz of fluids (water & chocolate milk)
Not-so-clean foods today:
- Homemade chocolate milk: coconut milk, cocoa, honey, salt, vanilla
- Oatmeal, 3/4 TBSP brown sugar, almonds, craisins, cinnamon
- Country Crock yogurt butter on corn
- Gluten free beer
- Craisins (added sugar)