Victories: Met my water intake! Gluten Free! No artificial sweeteners! Dairy free!
Yesterday, my doctor told me about FODMAP. I’ve been having some typical issues that come with a high fruit and vegetable diet, so she suggested I do a little food elimination to determine what triggers it. I’ll put an * next to any food I eat that is on the “do not eat” list from Stanford. It’s interesting that most FODMAPs put green peppers in the do not eat list, but Stanford allows them (it’s not even in the moderate use list).
Today, I woke up hungry and ended the day hungry. I went out to lunch with folks to a Mexican place and only ordered guac and chips, then only ate half.
Clean food consisted of:
- Coconut yogurt
- Homemade granola: oats, flaxseed, chia seed
- Raw Almonds
- Guacamole (avocado*, tomato, lime, cilantro, ???)
- Tomato, onion*, cilantro salsa
- Peanut butter (no sugar)
- Black grapes
- 64+ oz of fluids (water With lime)
Not-so-clean foods today:
- Tortilla chips (unknown ingredients)
- Homemade trail mix: roasted nuts (oil), dried cranberries* (sugar) and semi-sweet chocolate morsels (sugar).
Total Servings (estimated):
- Fruit: 4
- Veggies: 2
- Legumes: 0